Going to 11 churches for Christmas 2011
We love Christmas yes we do, we love Christmas how ’bout you? Worshiping Jesus is what Christmas is all about, and in Orange County there are many worship times serve many people. And it’s even possible to worship at 11 different churches for a more fuller and wider experience of worshiping together with a wonderful variety of styles and presentations! It does take considerable planning to pull this off, though.
To make this Christmas Tour 2011 possible, I went researching and found 19 OC churches that had special Christmas worship services, starting as early as Wednesday 12/21 all the way through Sunday 12/25. Here’s the schedule charted out via Google Docs’ spreadsheet:
It’s not easy to fit in 11 worship services due to geography and scheduling overlaps. One itinerary to map out the tour:
- Wed 7pm @ Saddleback Church, Lake Forest
- Thurs 7pm @ Harvest OC, Irvine * Phil Wickham concert
- Fri 3pm @ Eastside Christian Church, Fullerton [+ quick dinner]
- Fri 7pm @ Seacoast Grace Church, Cypress
- Sat 12pm @ ROCKHARBOR, Costa Mesa
- Sat 1:30pm @ The Crossing, Costa Mesa [+ early dinner]
- Sat 5pm @ Mariners Church, Irvine
- Sat 7pm @ St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach
- Sat 10:30pm @ Crystal Cathedral, Garden Grove
- Sun 9am @ Compass Bible Church, Aliso Viejo
- Sun 11am @ Coast Hills Church, Aliso Viejo
How would you arrange an itinerary to visit 11 churches for Christmas in the OC?
I confess that I personally won’t be able to get to 11 churches during this Christmas week. I do prioritize family time and that’d include time to be with extended family. What I can do is report my tour stop in real-time via my twitter @djchuang . And note that the above list is an attempt to design a schedule to fit in 11 worship services, and it won’t be the itinerary of my whereabouts. Realistically, I think I can get to 6 or 7 this year – that’d be a great Christmas!