Pastors who are planting churches in the 21st century, (some of them anyways,) are inviting people to follow along as things unfold in the process.
They used to call it progress reports, but that sounds oh-so formal. Now it’s in the genre of behind the scenes, the making of a church plant, or reality TV. In our day and age, when marketing could be paid, earned, or owned, why rent when you can own?
- http://www.torontocall.com – Daniel Yang will be going north, eh, from Dallas to Toronto any time now
- http://pastorsamuel.com – Pastor Samuel Choi is planting Center Church in Irvine, California; formerly a campus pastor at Mars Hill Church (the Mark Driscoll one)
- http://chapelofchange.blogspot.com – Journal of a Church Planter is the blog of Brian Warth, who is launching Chapel of Change in Paramount, California, where almost 700 attended its launch!
- http://LApastor.com – Tim Yee of the Bridge @ Union Church Los Angeles, not exactly a start from scratch, not quite a reboot or revitalization, more of a collaborative partnership of sorts
- [update 11/13] http://pastordj.com/blog/ – Pastor DJ Jenkins in Los Angeles
There are probably many, since an estimated 5,000 church planting leaders are gathering at Exponential 2013, the mother of all church planting conferences. Add a comment if you are blogging your life in church planting, or know of someone that is.