List of Christian podcasts that aren’t sermons
Recently I’ve been looking for podcasts to subscribe to for my commute time. I’m most interested in the intersection of social and spiritual things, aka people & relationships, which isn’t as popular as topics like technology or cooking or celebrity gossip.
In the Christian podcasting world, most podcasts are sermons or teachings or devotionals or church tech; that’s okay for the masses. I’m looking to check the “other” box, not so much what books tag as “Christian life”; just Christians (and Christian-friendly people) talking about a faith-informed life.
Here’s a list of active podcasts I’ve found so far — if you know others, please do let me know:
- SocialMedia.Church podcast – the place for conversations with church leaders about social media, now hosted by Jay Kranda + Nils Smith
- The Spoutcast – a weekly podcast where they “spout off the news to those who drink from the well,” as in The Well Community Church (Fresno, CA)
- One Extraordinary Marriage – Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo share tips and stories on how to create the marriage that you want
- Something Beautiful – stories worth talking about: stories about God, life, friends, family and why it all matters (w @JDBlundell et al)
- Foster Parenting – foster parents Tim and Wendy as they discuss foster care and adoption
- Homebrew Christianity – Tripp & Chad crafting, experimenting, imagining, and sharing a Christian faith that is life-giving
- Let’s Talk It’s Relationship – Bob, David, and Loren from Family Room Media discuss real life issues and the exciting journey of life in God outside of institutional Christianity
- Beyond the Box – life beyond the box of institutional religion
- Two Blind Squirrels Podcast – Christian comedy podcast that features everything from new contemporary Christian artists to two off key goofs singing about nothing.
- [update] Lifehouse Podcast – discuss how God has influenced our lives and interviews with other Christians [iTunes]
- Frederica Here and Now with Frederica Matthewes-Green and more podcasts at Ancient Faith Radio
- International Arts Movement (IAM) podcast
- Frequency.FM podcast – Tune in to the Christian Artist community, with Dan Thomson and Joe Brookhouse
- The Wally Show – Wally infuses Christian radio with a good balance of humor and heart
- The Church Planter Podcast – by Peyton Jones (author of Church Zero) and Pete Mitchell
- Cold Case Christianity Podcast – an apologetics podcast by J Warner Wallace, a former LAPD detective who specialized in cold case crimes
- Worship Ministry Podcast by David Lindner
- Christian Music Blog by Nate Fancher
- #bonus Steve McCoy of Reformissionary has a good list of other non-sermon Christian leadership podcasts
- #bonus Seven Great Religion Podcasts via Lutheran Confessions
- Frank the Podcast – a humorous and irreverent look at life informed by faith (w @DarinMcWatters et al)
Aside: the term “podcast” has been co-opted for audio files posted on a website. Podcasts I’m listing here are those that can be subscribed via iTunes or a podcatcher app (cf. Google Listen or Podkicker on Android), and are recorded & produced only for the podcast show, not recordings from other broadcast media. This list isn’t for dormant podcasts (cf. The Nick & Josh Podcast, Wired Parish), only those that are actively updated, like weekly.
Thanks for sharing the link DJ!
Here are a few others (some updated weekly – others a little less frequent):
The God Journey Podcast http://thegodjourney.com/
Losing my Religion http://losingmyreligionpodcast.com/new/
Be a Better Husband http://www.takepermission.com/category/babh-podcast/
Catalyst Podcast – http://catalystpodcast.com
@djchuang i’ve heard good things about morethanonelesson.com
All About Worship Podcast & The Songwriter’s Cafe (allaboutworship.com) – both founded by yours truly : )
I am so grateful that you took the time to share this list of non-sermon Christian podcasts with your readers! I’ve been looking for various Christian podcasts for some time, as I think there’s a lot to be learned from that format, but I was coming up short. I can’t wait to check out some of the podcasts that you mentioned. Thanks again!
I’ve kept this article bookmarked since it first ran because I’ve wanted to do something similar on my blog, but simply never got to it. But for what it’s worth, today I finally got around to compiling a list of things that are sermons.
You can leave this or delete it, but there’s a few on here I’m sure that you may not have heard of.