Samsung Smart TV is one of the big brands and this page is to help you and me to find more info about how to use it better, since the quick guides and user manuals only provide an introductory summary. Smart TVs are called that because they have Internet connectivity; and Samsung’s version has extra features that make it useful and powerful. (FYI, the Samsung Smart TV info on this page will primarily focus on the Samsung LED J5200 Series Smart TV – 40″)
Samsung J5200 Smart TV 40″ – official website (with product info, specifications, manual, downloads, support, answers)
Samsung Apps Store @ http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/browse
What the J5200 has: wifi connectivity, a Smart Hub for its apps platform (powered by Tizen); J5200 does not have bluetooth
Unanswered questions I’m researching:
how to download apps that aren’t in the Samsung Apps Store?
what else can be customized for this Samsung Smart TV?
how to uninstall default Samsung apps I don’t use?d
how to stream music and videos if you don’t have a Samsung smartphone or tablet?
Other sizes of the J5200 series [via samsung.com]
- LED J5200 Series Smart TV – 43″ Class (42.5″ Diag.)
- LED J5200 Series Smart TV – 48″ Class (47.6″ Diag.)
- LED J5200 Series Smart TV – 50″ Class (49.5″ Diag.)
Other models of Samsung Smart TV over the years:
- 2015 J-series
- 2014 H-series
- 2013 F-series
- 2012 E(S/H)-series
- 2011 D-series
- 2010 C-series
Can you use the Samsung Smart View app? According to the official page, that app only supports the following models:
- 2011: LED D7000 and above, PDP D8000 and above.
- 2012: LED ES7500 and above, PDP E8000 and above.
- 2013: LED F4500 and above (except F9000 and above), PDP F5500 and above.
- 2014: H4500, H5500 and above (except H6003/H6103/H6153/H6201/H6203).
- 2015: J4500, J5500 and above (except J6203).