Redeemer Presbyterian Church’s videos and audios (free) for sample sermons, capital campaign, Q&A, vision video, etc.
7 messages from the series “The Trouble with Christianity: Why it’s so Hard to Believe It” – audios released for free with Tim Keller’s new book, The Reason for God; study guides also available
21 sample talks by Tim Keller from Redeemer Presbyterian Church, a center-city community of changed people who are committed to serving and renewing New York City through a movement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Gospel: The ‘gospel’ is the good news that through Christ the power of God’s kingdom has entered history to renew the whole world. When we believe and rely on Jesus’ work and record (rather than ours) for our relationship to God, that kingdom power comes upon us and begins to work through us. MP3 audios:: Who is this Jesus? + Lord of the Wine + Born of the Gospel
- Changed People: The Gospel changes people from the inside out. Christ gives us a radically new identity, freeing us from both self-righteousness and self-condemnation. He liberates us to accept people we once excluded, and to break the bondage of things (even good things) that once drove us. In particular, the gospel makes us welcoming and respectful toward those who do not share our beliefs.
Changed Lives + Inside-Out Living + How to Change
- City: We believe that nothing promotes the peace and health of the city like the spread of faith in the gospel. It renews both individual lives and reweaves the fabric of whole neighborhoods. We believe that nothing moves Christians to humbly serve, live with, and love all the diverse people of the city like the gospel does.
Should I Not Love that Great City? + The Meaning of the City + Love for the City
- Community: The gospel creates a new community which not only nurtures individuals but serves as a sign of God’s coming kingdom. Here we see classes of people loving one another who could not have gotten along without the healing power of the gospel. Here we see sex, money, and power used in unique non-destructive and life-giving ways.
The Community of Jesus + Spiritual Friendship + Eating with Jesus
- Movement: We have no illusions that our single church or our Presbyterian tradition is sufficient to renew all of New York City spiritually, socially, and culturally. We are therefore committed to planting (and helping others plant) hundreds of new churches, while at the same time working for a renewal of gospel vitality in all the congregations of the city.
Why to Plant Churches + Messengers + The Cost of Mission
- Serving: Though we joyfully invite every person to faith in Jesus, we are committed to sacrificially serving our neighbors whether they believe as we do or not. We do this by using our gifts and resources for the needs of others, especially the poor. And more than merely meeting individual needs, we work for justice for the powerless.
Neighbors + Blessed are the Poor + Blueprint for Revival – Social Concern
- Renewing: We believe that the gospel has a deep, vital, and healthy impact on the arts, business, government, media, and academy of any society. Therefore we are highly committed to support Christians’ engagement with culture, helping them work with excellence, distinctiveness, and accountability in their professions.
Work + Made for Stewardship + Work and Rest