Last week was Jeremy Lin’s breakthru on the basketball court. This week is Charles Lee‘s breakthru on the bookstore charts as his new book launches today, Good Idea. Now What? How to Move Ideas to Execution! Keep an eye on this guy, he’s going places. I’m not predicting a New York Times best-seller just yet, but with endorsements from the likes of Seth Godin, Soledad O’Brien, and Scott Harrison, anything could happen.
On this lovelee Valintine’s Day, I ideated 10 ways that Charles Lee is like Jeremy Lin:
- They have pun-able last names, they realee do
- They’ve extended their platform and visibility through social media like Twitter and Facebook: @charlestlee facebook.com/GoodIdeaBook @jlin7 facebook.com/jeremylin7 [what are you waiting for?]
- There’s talk about their legacy already – Charles opens his book with a preface titled “Born into a Legacy of Idea Makers”
- They’re team-players and collaborators
- They make everybody else look good (even great!) – Jeremy for his teammates every time, Charles for creating a platform for unknown idea-makers thru The Idea Camp and The Ideation Conference
- They’re unapologetically Asian American Christians
- They both know what it feels like to be overlooked, misunderestimated, and being an underdog
- They’re pastors – Charles is a has-been and Jeremy is a wanna-be
- They’re humble and not self-promoting
- They’re my Linspiration!
I’ll say one thing about the book. When I first heard about it and chatted with Charles by phone, the aha for me was his genius to avoid using the E-word (entrepreneurship) and empowering not only leeders but everyone to make their ideas and dreams come true! (I know I need the help as an ideator purist.)
And, Charles Lee throws the best parties, hundreds have connected at boutique events like the i2i Social Entrepreneurs Gathering at cool venues like the Toyota automobile museum. This Thursday is a book release party at the hipster Project 7 office space in Costa Mesa. This is the place to be! No cover charge! Live music! Free food! And Charles will be there in person!