Watch Videos from Hope for Mental Health Community
For many people, a faith community can powerfully help them experience support, encouragement, and hope for managing their mental health and experience a better quality of life. A growing number of Christian churches are starting to develop and share faith-friendly resources for mental wellness, reducing the stigma around mental illness.
One of the best free resources being shared every month is the Hope for Mental Health community at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California. And this resource is being shared worldwide via Facebook Live every month to the tune of 20,000 to 30,000 views!
Typically every fourth Sunday of the month, starting at 1:00pm Pacific Time, people can watch the livestream video on the Facebook page of Kay Warren at facebook.com/KayWarrensPage. And, the team has also posted the video on Kay Warren’s YouTube channel.
Mental Health Resources for Churches and Christians
Here are some of the most recent talks from these monthly gatherings—
- Borderline Personality Disorder with Dr. Robin Kissell, MD
- Veterans, PTSD, and Suicide Prevention with Dr. Warren Kinghorn
- Alia Joy, author of Glorious Weakness, shares from her journey and lived experience with bipolar disorder.
- How to Navigate a Mental Health Crisis (workshop)
- Managing Depression & Anxiety, with Dr. Debbie Hutchinson, Psy.D., LMFT
- Mental Illness & Substance Use Disorder, aka dual diagnosis
- How to Help a Loved One—Dr. Jim Fix teaches on how to help a loved one who is in need of medical treatment but does not recognize or believe that to be true.
- Relationships & Conflict Resolution, with Milan & Kay Yerkovich, authors of the book, How We Love
- How to Get Through the Holidays and create individualized Holiday Plans to increase your resilience during the holiday season.