Watch/Listen the Gathering on Mental Health and Church 3/28 Event
Watch the free webcast for The Gathering on Mental Health and the Church held on 3/28/14, noted as the nation’s first religiously backed conference to address mental health issues.
/ [update] Watch/listen to the recordings from The Gathering on Mental Health and the Church All of the plenary session videos and workshop audios are online for free. /
Traditional media mentions, most recently:
- Rick Warren: Churches Must Do More to Address Mental Illness (in TIME magazine 3/27/14)
- Bringing Hope for Mental Health and the Church (The Gospel Herald 3/28/14, by DJ Chuang)
- 2 top O.C. faith leaders lead outreach to mentally ill: Roman Catholic Bishop Kevin Vann and Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren crossed paths shortly after the death of Warren’s son, who struggled with mental illness. They’ve embarked on a rare partnership: Do battle together against mental illness. (OC Register 3/26/14)
- Mental Health and the Church: Christian Post Coverage (The Christian Post)
- Press Release: Top Religious, Health & Psychology Experts to Call the Church to Action at Mental Health Gathering — Saddleback Church, Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange & NAMI-OC Co-Host March 28th Gathering on Mental Health and the Church
I’m most eager to hear of the next steps and sustained efforts at keeping the conversations alive and ongoing, raising awareness, shaping and changing perceptions, breaking stigma over time. It won’t happen overnight. I do pray that a bunch of good things will birth from this event. And I hope the event organizers will record the webcast videos and make those available as a very valuable resource.
Aside: I haven’t yet found discussions online leading up to the event, though I did find a few blog posts. (My attempt to contact organizers about follow-up next steps got a reply of: “… decisions have not been made yet.”)