towards getting unburied from email inbox
Even the best of us get buried by too many emails in the inbox. So I’ve been reading up and slowly applying some tactics to better manage my email inbox. Here are articles to tips I’ve found helpful:
- Getting a handle on your email inbox – using folders and rules
- Managing Email
- Folders keep the Outlook inbox clutter-free (from TechRepublic)
- Is Your Email Inbox Overflowing?
- Tips for Mastering E-mail Overload – for those who want to hear what Harvard has to say; this one focuses on tips for writing effective emails
- The Tyranny of Email: When Email Goes Bad
- Five fast email productivity tips from 43folders.com [ht: venturus]
- Quick tips on processing your email inbox, follow-up to previous 5 tips article from 43folders.com with more detailed specific how-tos
- Tips for Email Productivity, with specifics for Mozilla Thunderbird
- The inbox makeover – especially for Mac users
- Or, you can buy something like ClearContext: Inbox Manager for Microsoft Outlook (for $29.95, and I get no referral fee here, maybe I should.. what I don’t need is another plug-in, tho’, my computer runs slow enough as it is)
- Recap: Overload and the interrupt-driven lifestyle – from 43folders
I’ll add more to the list as I find more. Short of it, you just gotta do something than what you’re doing now. What you’re doing now can be improved – and if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
[search help: too many emails, what to do with too many emails and getting buried in inbox, can’t find email, how to organize email inbox, help with email inbox, cleaning up inbox, Outlook folders and rules, email productivity, staying on task, managing interruptions]