thoughtfully informed by faith
Revisited the website to Mars Hill Audio (a monthly subscription to audio journals about engagement with culture), which I had gotten tapes of in the past, and found GOLD: they’ve made available to their website visitors some of their bonus tracks (MP3 format), of extended interviews with select guests. Listen to some salient topics:
- John Durham Peters on how the 19th century rise of new communications technologies was related to various forms of spiritualism
- Ralph C. Wood on how Tolkien viewed the use and meaning of human language
- Mark Noll on how the size of the North American continent affected its religious developments
- Adrienne Chaplin on the place and responsibilities of Christian artists in their communities
- C. Ben Mitchell, on why and how the Church should be more welcoming toward the elderly
I’m asking for permission to link them up in a podcast format for you all. If it turns out well, then you and I will be set!