sponsor my cross country move
In January 1991, I put all my worldly possessions in my car and drove to Dallas for seminary. In June 2007, I’ll be putting all my worldly possessions in my car and driving cross country to California, somewhere in Orange County. This time with a wife and a son, but again with no moving truck.
We don’t have a date or a place set yet, but we’re moving in less than a month. Not motivated to plan it all out. Destination will be Huntington Beach, maybe borrow some space from in-laws, and then figure out school districts and housing options after we land. So while the exact details are sketchy, things are kinda randomly falling into place.
Since we’re going with fuzzy logic, let’s see if the viral power of blog buzz can help me out with a wish list of sponsors for this cross country drive. A guy can dream, right? I’ll commit to blogging this adventure so potential millions can virtually caravan with us — I’ll setup a new domain-named blog, make at least 3 posts a day, and leave the blog up for at least 2 years.
You never know who reads this blog, and knows someone who’d have the right connection to businesses that’d like webby viral exposure. So if you know someone, here’s the sponsorship opportunities for you to pass along, in order of priority:
- cell phone with internet plan to blog, to send photos and to post video – to share this ultimate road warrior experience, I’d like to make blog posts while going 65 mph, upload photos and videos right from the phone, even host chat hours via IM
- overnight stay at 3+ star hotels – candid reviews posted for free, but raving positive reviews + photos + links can be had for a comp stay
- meals at restaurants – candid reviews posted for free, but raving positive reviews + photos + links can be posted for meals on-the-house
- car-wrap advertising on a 2006 Nissan Xterra – yes, we’ll drive cross-country with your full-car ad
web hosting – host the blog and domain name for 2 years with unlimited bandwidth and one-click WordPress installation– website launched at www.coast2coastmove.com
- bonus: GPS navigation equipment — for driving directions and more, we’ll talk it up as we use it all the way across the country
We’ll be taking the southern route through the following cities: Washington DC, Blacksburg, Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and end at Huntington Beach. We anticipate the leisurely drive to take at least 14 days. All sponsorship terms negotiable. Small detours from main route are negotiable. Sponsors get appropriate links and prominent exposure. I reserve the right to select the sponsors (or refuse). Contact me to begin the negotiations now!
And a final word from the dear wife about this moving adventure:
Headin’ West after 12 years!
1995: DJ & Rachelle get married in Dallas, TX
1995-1997: Raleigh, NC- Jeremiah was born
1997-1999: Vienna, VA
1999-2007: Bethesda, MD
Rachelle says besides being nearer her parents, it’s time to return to sunshine, In N’ Out Burger, Jamba’ Juice, Disneyland, and the Pacific Ocean. (DJ disputes the In N’ Out Burger vote and prefers Five Guys.)
We’d love for you to come and say goodbye on Saturday June 9th at our Picnic + Open House. From 11am to 4pm, we’ll be picnicking at Lynbrook Park in Bethesda, MD, and then Open House will be at our house from 4pm until whenever. Please contact me to get the evite and pitch in on the farewell picnic.