Saturday Surprise: what to get for DJ’s birthday
I am now 42 years old. Had a joyous birthday earlier this week (I’m not giving you the exact date of birth to prevent identity theft) – THANKS for all the Facebook birthday wishes (more than 42!) and presents and presence. Thrilled to have a full Godfather table (Buca Di Beppo) for belated celebratory birthday dinner last night. My kind of dining ambiance! I’m not into group photos, so there ain’t any, gottaproblemwiddat? The best happy birthday wish I got at birthday dinner:
About presents and gifts for me, in a world of gift cards, here’s my insider tips: I love Starbucks, Five Guys, Under Armour; Target, B&N is okay; I don’t shop at Best Buys, but often get their gift cards, so kindly stop it. Could also use my amazon.com wish list as a shopping guide….
Here’s my surprise finds for the week:
- this guy is researching for a dissertation on videogame typography – whoa
- Plaxo bought out by Comcast – what’s that about? Cable and online address book?? here’s their explanation
- MOBILE PRODUCTIVITY TOOLBOX: 45+ Mobile Productivity Resources – nice list at Mashable, from last year; anyone know of a better list?
- I tried out free YouMail.com for a few days, very cool to get customized greetings for my voice mail depending on who’s calling, nice text transcription, nice to get text msg with caller ID on who called, nicely integrates & replaced my cell phone voicemail inbox; BUT notification was slow, not instant like my own cell phone voice mail, so I switched back; if only GrandCentral.com would open up already!
- and, a confession — I gots a man crush on Carlos “Ragamuffinsoul” Whittaker, and his wife Whittaker Woman, for whom God wrote a whole commandment to not covet — both are very active bloggers, giving their lives away; he doesn’t need the link love, but I need the confession (aside: note the 2 “t”s in Whittaker)
- great to co-work with Tony Steward on Friday; co-work with us next Friday 7/18 morning at Starbucks (Alicia & Jeronimo, Mission Viejo); gotta try their new Sorbetto, which will be at that sbux nxt wk; cf. “The Sorbetto is nice-it’s a drinkable yoghurt drink, kinda like soft-serve but with the option to add Naked Juice concentrates. One of the bases is from Pinkberry. … If it doesn’t sell well in Cali, they say it won’t be rolled out nationally.“
- some of the Best Intel is in the comment thread of blogs, anyone know of a search engine that can search them without having to ping coComment? would someone build a web app that auto-subscribes to WordPress comment feeds and search them hmm.. or maybe CoComment could do that *hint hint*