Myths of the Modern Mega-Church
6 Myths of the Modern Mega-Church, according to Pastor Rick Warren (of Saddleback and Purpose-Driven Life renown):
- Mega-churches are a uniquely American phenomenon.
- Mega-churches are politically active.
- Mega-churches attract people because of their size.
- Mega-churches have televised services.
- Mega-churches require little or no commitment.
- Mega-churches grow by marketing.
Those are myths, folks. And Pastor Rick himself has said this: “I don’t even like big churches.” There you have it. [hat tip to Bob Carlton in the corner — okay Bob, you can come out of the corner now]