We are moving from the metro Washington DC area to Orange County, California, this June (2007)! You can follow along here at this blog / website. We hope to post videos, audios, photos, and journal blog entries here to tell our stories and adventures. We invite you to ride along with us, and make this a fun and interactive time. Plus, we’re looking for sponsors so we can provide more live updates, instead of just occasional updates:
Here’s the sponsorship opportunities for you to pass along to a connection you might have, in order of priority:
- cell phone with internet plan to blog, to send photos and to post video – to share this ultimate road warrior experience, I’d like to make blog posts while going 65 mph, upload photos and videos right from the phone, even host chat hours via IM
- overnight stay at 3+ star hotels – candid reviews posted for free, but raving positive reviews + photos + links can be had for a comp stay
- meals at restaurants – candid reviews posted for free, but raving positive reviews + photos + links can be posted for meals on-the-house
- car-wrap advertising on a 2006 Nissan Xterra – yes, we’ll drive cross-country with your full-car ad
- bonus: GPS navigation equipment — for driving directions and more, we’ll talk it up as we use it all the way across the country
We’ll be taking the southern route through the following cities: Washington DC, Blacksburg, Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and end at Huntington Beach. We anticipate the leisurely drive to take at least 14 days. All sponsorship terms negotiable. Small detours from main route are negotiable. Sponsors get appropriate links and prominent exposure. I reserve the right to select the sponsors (or refuse). Contact me to begin the negotiations now!
The adventure begins on June 16th!