How to get up to speed on social media? 4 of 4
Technology is always developing and maturing, social media included. Once you’ve decided to participate in social media, it’s like staying on the treadmill and staying on pace — a pace based on your strategy.
Some of the best sources that I check somewhat regularly to keep up with new developments and trends are:
- mashable.com: top source for news and trends about social media
- readwriteweb.com: popular tech blog with commentary on Internet trends & developments
- socialmediatoday.com: self-described as “the web’s best thinkers on social media”
- www.web-strategist.com: Jeremiah Owyang provides thoughtful analysis on latest Internet developments
- other thought leaders in this social media online world = Chris Pirillo, Seth Godin, Chris Brogan, Steve Rubel, Tara Hunt
- churchcrunch.com: lots of trends and commentaries about tech & church from John Saddington and the aggressive 8BIT Network team of contributors
Another way to get at the trends is to browse the headlines at the magazine-rack style aggregator @ social-media.alltop.com
Granted, it’s probably too much for most of us to read the multiple blog posts that are made every day on the few blogs mention here. Give yourself permission to not keep up with it all. I confess I don’t keep up with all of it.
Thought: wouldn’t it be really valuable to have a source that gives you the essential trends and news on a weekly basis? Or a bi-weekly or monthly basis?
What other sources & resources have helped you learn about social media & to keep up with it? Please do add a comment.