Get a Free Phone Number and Voicemail Inbox
Searching for how to get a free second phone number and voicemail inbox? They’re very handy in so many ways, some are even disposable. Some services use apps, some require a real phone number verification, some require only an email.
The list below are providing phone numbers and voicemails in the United States and some in Canada, perhaps other countries, I didn’t check. Shoot me a link and add to this list.
Free Phone Number Services
- voice.google.com – Google Voice, via web & iOS/Android app
- youmail.com – YouMail iOS/Android app
- textplus.com – textPlus iOS/Android app
- phonerapp.com – Phoner iOS/Android app
- 2ndline.co – Android app (free version will recycle your number after a period of inactivity)
- pinger.com/text-free – Textfree (Textfree is ad-supported; must use your number at least once in 30 days)
- messageshuttle.com – voicemail emailed as .WAV file attachment
Second phone number with a free trial
- iplum.com – starts at $7.99/mo
- line2.com – starts at $8.30/mo
- ninjanumber.com – starts at $9.95/mo
- sideline.com – starts at $9.99/mo
- openphone.co – starts at $10/mo
- evoice.com – starts at $10.82/mo, with a monthly time limit
- talkroute.com – starts at $19/mo
- ringcentral.com – starts at $19.99/month
Disposable Phone Numbers
- burnerapp.com – free temporary phone number for a week; pay for long-term number
- hushed.com – pay as you go
- ring4.com – iOS/Android
- numflix.com – iOS app
- search for Android apps – disposable phone numbers play.google.com/store/search?q=disposable%20phone%20numbers&c=apps&hl=en
- search for iOS apps – free second phone numbers fnd.io/#/us/search?mediaType=ios&term=free%20second%20phone%20number
Other articles and reviews about voicemail apps etc.
Note of Caution using Free or Paid Digital Services
When you have a need to say or share something confidentially and privately, don’t leave a trail—neither digital or print—and say it in person. And even then, watch out for hidden bugs and surveillance devices. You don’t have to be paranoid, but you do need to be aware.