9 Questions that Lead to Answers — conversational tools for digging deeper::
1. That’s an interesting question. What do you think?
2. What situation in your life makes you wonder about that?
3. Even though you don’t know, if you had to guess, how would you answer?
4. Is there any answer to that you won’t accept? Why?
5. What has led you to conclude that?
6. What information do you think would cause you to change your mind?
7. What’s the strongest argument for those who disagree with you?
8. If everyone held that view, what would society look like?
9. If you found out you were wrong, what would be at risk? How would your life change?
(excerpt from Judson Poling, in LEADERSHIP, Fall 2002; p.86)