Connecting your Chromecast on Belkin N300 Router
It took me hours to get Chromecast to work on my wifi network powered by the Belkin N300 Wireless Router (hardware # F9K1002 v1). I’m not sure exactly which of the following items made it work, but here’s the list of things I did that got the Chromecast to eventually work:
- Disabled uPnP (Belkin Admin > Utilities > System Settings > UPnP Enabling > Disable)
- Updated firmware (now running F9K1002_WW_1.00.16 Belkin Wireless Router Version : 1.00.16)
- Disabled ICMP Blocking (Belkin Admin > Firewall > WAN Ping Blocking > Block ICMP Ping > [uncheck] )
- Added IP address of Chromecast to DMZ (Belkin Admin > Firewall > DMZ > checked Enable with Private IP of dongle)
Before changing any settings on the router, where the Chromecast got stuck before I did the 4 things above was at the message “connecting your chromecast to [SSID_NAME]“. I searched for a solution on the web, the Google Chromecast support, XDA Developers forum for Google Chromecast, and the Android Central forum for Google Chromecast… and didn’t find one with exactly my situation.
Hope this blog post will help you and others.
View the comment thread from my previous link here to see other people’s experience with getting Chromecast to work on Belkin N300. One commenter wrote: