comments overheard about Erwin McManus
So, I’m at the National Pastors Convention. I missed Tuesday’s main session, where Erwin McManus spoke cleverly, in fine form, confounding many of the older people in the audience, and jazzing up the (fewer) younger crowd. I’m told by a reliable source. And, then, I hear comments like these:
- “erwin mcmanus is a great communicator, but his new floppy emo forelock is very distracting…“
- “Erwin looks like a 13-year old girl…”
- “… he was all over the place. Good stuff, mind you, just a little free range!“
- “Erwin is talking about ideas that are so advanced… most people just didn’t appreciate it.”
- “It was interesting to watch the younger folks in the crowd track so easily with his timing, rhythm and cultural references while for others the cues were perhaps not as clear.“
See for yourself. What would you say?