am I in or am I out?
This article in American Way magazine caught my attention — and aggravated my personality confusion again. At the bottom of the article is this chart with characteristics of extroverts (outies) and introverts (innies):
- talk first, think later
- seek out other people
- are transparent, easy to read
- tend to be “babbling brooks”: people often tune them out
- draw energy from other people
- think first, talk later
- prefer going solo
- show fewer facial expressions
- don’t speak up too often: people tend to tune in when they do
- are energized by time spent alone
I highlighted my characteristics in BOLD above, i.e. seek out other people + transparent + draw energy from other people + think first, talk later + show fewer expressions + don’t speak up too often. So what am I? Extrovert or introvert? Being alone drives me NUTS.
More than enough to give me a personality complex.
Now I lay me down to sleep. Gotta get up for an early morning meetup.