Active websites with new gTLD .CLOTHING domain names
The Internet namespace expansion is history in the making, with an estimated 1000+ new generic top-level domains (gTLD) launching in the next 2 years. At the time of this writing, there’s 14 new gTLDs (aka domain extensions) available for registration by the general public at popular registrars like Namecheap, 101domain, Godaddy, etc.
What kind of a difference does a domain name make? See these new web addresses; here’s what I found re: websites using a .CLOTHING domain name ::
- blackswan.clothing was blackswanclothing.com
- astra.clothing was astraclothing.com
- www.kickback.clothing was kickbackoutfitters.com
- annaperena.clothing was annaperena.co.uk
- countrywear.clothing was horseandhoof.eu
- localunderdog.clothing was localunderdog.com
- oneill.clothing is redirecting to oneillclothing.com
- calvinklein.clothing is redirecting to calvinklein.com
This talkbusinessmagazine.co.uk article has words from a happy new gTLD domain owner:
Karl Brown, founder of Horse and Hoof, www.countrywear.clothing, said: ‘Our website address previously was www.horseandhoof.eu. Although a great name it wasn’t quite what we were looking for, and so as soon as I saw the new top level domains available I knew a .CLOTHING domain would be far more beneficial for us. I wanted something more appropriate, so that when customers searched for related terms our web address would come up immediately. That’s why I chose COUNTRYWEAR.CLOTHING and I was so pleased when we got it – I immediately redirected the domain! It supports our aim to simplify our customers online shopping experiences.”
What do you think? These new domain names are better than their predecessor, yes?