Chinese American Mental Health Seminar Videos
Very valuable resources are now available online: culturally-relevant informative videos about mental health in Chinese and Asian American communities.
2018 Enlighten Seminar – Session Titles
- The Ministry of Presence to Broken People in a Broken World
- A Holistic Christian Perspective on Mental Illness
- A Story of Hurts, Healing & Hope
- Let’s Get to the Root : How to Heal and Maintain a Healthy Brain and Healthy Mind
- No More Hiding: Bringing Depression out of the Darkness
- The Afflicted One: Depression & Suicide
- Mental Health Wellness and Common Disorders
- Mental Health Matters – Confronting Stigma in the Asian American Community
- Say This, Not That: How to Encourage Someone with Mental Illness
This was the first Enlighten Mental Health Seminar, held on October 20, 2018 at Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks. Speakers included Dr. David Wang, David Deutsch, Bev Garcia, Dr. Anna Huang, Pastor Curtis and Carol Lowe, Dr. Phillip Lowe, Melissa Maimone, and Pastor Young Wang.
Support Group for Caregivers
The first 2019 Caregivers of the Mentally Ill (COMI) Support Group is meeting on Monday, January 14. The purpose of this support group is to share our stories and struggles, to give and receive comfort along with encouragement, and to receive God’s peace and hope. Our aim is to have a more positive, joyful life despite challenges of mental illness. It is a place to share and listen.
If you are in the Thousand Oaks area, please join them (please RSVP so they have enough handouts). They will meet from 7:30pm – 9:00pm in the Library of Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks (CCCTO), 218 W. Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. Phone (805) 379-0882. This support group will be meeting every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.
Invitation to Prayer Team
CCCTO is making plans for the 2019 Enlighten Seminar. In order to make this possible, we need to seek God’s wisdom and guidance. If you would like to join the Prayer Team, please email [email protected] and say, “Prayer Team.”