new conference with 200 Christian authors
Just got an email from ECPA (Evangelical Christian Publishers Association) announcing its 2009 Christian Book Expo. It’s an inaugural event, meaning its the first-time this event is happening. The Expo will have 150+ seminars (PDF) and 200+ authors. This is a big book expo for people who buy & sell non-fiction and fiction Christian books, like pastors, lay leaders, counselors, retailers and consumers.
- Visit ChristianBookExpo.com for the scoop on this first-ever show
- Check out the social networking links (MySpace, etc) at the CBE website. Bloggers can join group/s and tell friends about CBE.
- Blog about the idea of a Christian Book Show for the public, the panel topics and panelists, etc. The first 200 people to publish a CBE blog post of 100+ words will receive complimentary admission to the show! Send the link to your post to be eligible.
- Interview Mark Kuyper in advance of the show for a blog post.
- NOTE: Press registration is for professional members of the press only. However, coupons for $5 off admission are available at Family Christian Stores in the DFW area.
Looking at the conference registration pricing, this blog post has a retail value of $59. Now I have to figure out if I can go, then how to get there & where to stay & how to get around… looking at the 10 results at Google Blog Search, there’s still plenty of room for more bloggers to get complimentary admission.
The press release mentioned “Controversial Panel Topics” so I had to take a look. Here’s the list of panels, being sponsored by Christianity Today:
- Does the God of Christianity Exist, and What Difference Does It Make? A Debate. Featuring anti-theist Christopher Hitchens debating apologist authors: Doug Wilson, Lee Strobel, William Lane Craig, Jim Denison, Stan Guthrie (moderator)
- Living Christianly in a Post-Christian Culture, Featuring Donald Miller, Ruth Haley Barton, Randy Frazee, Mary E. DeMuth, Andy Crouch (moderator)
- A Guided Tour of Heaven and Hell, Featuring Don Piper, Sam Storms, Randy Alcorn, J I Packer, Mark Galli (moderator)
- What is the Gospel? Featuring Richard Stearns, Mark D. Roberts, Tullian Tchividjian, Justin Taylor, Darrell Bock (moderator)
- The Emerging Church, Featuring Kevin DeYoung, Tony Jones, Scot McKnight, Mark Galli (moderator)
Maybe my tolerance threshold for controversy is dulled, I only find 2 of the above 5 panels controversial. Good topics, nevertheless.