While I’m waiting at John Wayne Airport (SNA, aka Orange County Airport), it’s possible to connect up to the Internet via WiFi.
No free WiFi hotspots (yet?), but there are several pay options.
//  There is now ad-supported free wifi at SNA via SSID=JWAFREEWIFI //
Here’s the SSID list that showed up via Wireless Network Connection:
this T-Mobile hotspot is located between Gates 7 and 8 at food court — costs starting at $6 or monthly subscription starting at $19.99, cf. subscription info; WiFi signal broadcasts from United Red Carpet Club
- JWA WiFi or JWA Hotspot or Nextphase Wireless
hotspot throughout terminal — costs starting at $1.89 or monthly $14.89; operated by NextPhase Wireless Hotspot; tech note: security certificate expired on 8/8/2007
hotspot throughout terminal — costs starting at $1.49 or monthly $14.89; operated by Oswi.net; tips: best signals near the windows facing the runways b/c antennas located on building rooftops next to large fuel tanks across runway + use strongest signal among SSIDs: GotWiFi.com or GotWiFi.com 2 or GotWiFi.com 3
Where are the power outlets? (outlets are often harder to find than WiFi or internet connectivity)
- opposite gates 8 and 9, behind post between Caterina’s and Sunglass Hut
- opposite flights board/ gate 5, on wall between store and exit
- opposite flights board/ gate 10, on wall between Hudson News and exit
- [update 12/1/08] now there are long outlet strips between the rows of seats along the windows of gates 7 and 9 — look for the green outlet sign
[This entry is a note to self, and for others who search for this info. I'll keep this updated.]