Tim Keller‘s new book has recently showed up at amazon.com and now you can pre-order it (yes, be among the first to get one!)::
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism (Hardcover)
by Timothy Keller (Author)
This title will be released on February 14, 2008.
* Publisher: Dutton Adult
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0525950494
* ISBN-13: 978-0525950493
[update 8/25: According to Michael Keller, Tim's son,
the book title is not yet final, even though it is listed at amazon. [previous working title was "In Defense of God: Doubting Your Doubts"] Here’s the book’s Table of Contents:
Introduction – All doubts are leaps of faith
PART 1 – The Leap of Doubt
1. There can’t be just one true religion.
2. A good God could not allow suffering.
3. Christianity is a straitjacket.
4. The church is responsible for so much injustice.
5. A loving God would not send people to hell.
6. Science has disproved Christianity.
7. You can’t take the Bible literally.
PART 2 – The Grounds for Faith
8. The clues of God
9. The knowledge of God
10. The problem of sin
11. Religion and the gospel
12. The (true) story of the cross
13. The reality of the resurrection
14. The Dance of God
Epilogue – Where do we go from here?
Redeemer Presbyterian Church, pastored by Tim Keller, was recently featured in Outreach Magazine‘s Top 25 multiplying churches list. (Redeemer was ranked as “#1″, whatever that means.) The more interesting read is Dr. Warren Bird’s article, “Church in the City: Although they are different New York City churches with very different audiences, Redeemer Presbyterian and Infinity Church are part of the same multiplication equation with a product of continuous Kingdom growth” — especially the (short) interview with Keller titled, “The Genius of Church Planting.”